School Clubs and Sports Teams
There are various school clubs and sports teams that meet throughout the week, before school, during lunch, or after school. See list of school sports programs and clubs. Please check the bulletin by the main office or the Swansea List Serve for current dates and times.
- Girls Volleyball: The Gr. 6 girls’ volleyball tryouts are this Monday and Tuesday and gr. 5 girls’ volleyball tryouts will be next Monday and Tuesdayat lunch. The grade 6 tournament is on Feb. 24th and the gr. 5 tournament is TBD. Ms. Cameron
- Skipping Club: Friday mornings (8-8:30). We will work on basic skills, coordinate routines and hopefully help plan jump rope for heart. Skipping Club will be held in the gym. Ms. Munt
- Drum Kits: If you have any dusty drum kits at home or know anyone who is looking to get rid of a drum kit, please bring it to Mr Corbin. Or if you want buy Mr Corbin a drum kit for the music room that would be amazing too! Drum workshops and other fun stuff (rock and roll choir, electric band, etc.) will commence! Mr. Corbin
- Swimming: The pool is open Wednesday mornings from 8:00 am for grades 6, 7, and 8 to do lengths, or to make up classes that they may have missed. Please use the Community centre entrance to the pool. Guy Allen
- Volleyball: The grade 6 girl’s volleyball tryouts are this Monday and Tuesday and gr. 5 girl’s volleyball tryouts will be next Monday and Tuesday. (at lunch) The grade 6 tournament is on Feb. 24th and the gr. 5 tournament is TBD.
- Origami Club: The Origami Club will start on January 20th every Wednesday for a six week trial period. This club is for Junior students gr. 4/5/6 at the Library during lunch (11:30-12:30). 15 students per class with two volunteers and would like to ask $3 per student, which will be used to buy origami paper materials. Ms. Kim
Registered Programs at Swansea
Outside vendors offer extra-curricular programs for different age groups at the school during lunch time or after school. Programs run for 1 hour per week, for 8 weeks, for a maximum of 20 students. Current schedules and fees will be posted in the weekly bulletin.