The Toronto District School Board has designated September 12th to 23th “Safe & Caring Week”.
The Swansea Safe Schools Committee has come up with some activities that we will focus on during this week:
- Random Acts of Kindness – i.e. discuss / write about acts of kindness they receive or show, a number of activities could be found on this website : http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/Educators/School-Activity-Ideas/
- The guidance councillor will visit some classes to talk with students about appropriate behaviour, etc.
- A fire drill and a lock down drill
- Safe drop off in the mornings and pick up after school / traffic blitz- parking etc.
- Parents need to alert the school immediately if they see suspicious individuals/ activities in our school community
We will continue to focus on anti- bullying strategies and ways how everyone can be safe and feel welcome in our school community.
Parents are reminded to be alert – if you see suspicious individuals or activities in our school community please contact the school or the police.
Remember Caring and Safety start here.
– Karen Ridley