With our re-organization of classes we have hired 2 new teachers. Please welcome:
- Char Mark – Grade One
- Crystal Barbe – Kindergarten
- Maja Rundo – covering for Ms. Chatterjee
- Michael Bene – covering for Ms. Sandhu
School Photo Day — DATE CHANGE
School Photo Day has been cancelled for Friday, September 30th and has been rescheduled for Wednesday, October 12th. Class photos and individual photos will be taken at that time.
Meets – Centennial Park
- All Schools – Tuesday, October 4th
- Western Conference – Tuesday, October 11 (top 40 runners)
- City Finals – Thursday October 20th (top 15 runners)
Junior Practices – Monday morning
Senior Practices – Coaches – Mme. Stuart & Mr. C. Higgins
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings at 7:45 am
Students in grades 1 through 3 who signed up to participate in th TDSB Cross-Country Running Races on October 4th have received a detailed list of instructions for October 4th. We still need 6 parent volunteers to travel with us on the buses and help supervise the children at Centennial Park. We also need parent volunteers to set up the Swansea tent before the races begin. If you can volunteer please contact Mr. Chauhan or Ms. Awrey.
- Grade 1-2 Choir [Oct-Dec and Feb-Apr] Monday lunchtimes
- Grade 3 Choir – during the school day – all grade 3s participate, on Day 5 [Sept-May]
- Junior Choir (grades 4-6) Wednesdays 8 am [Sept-May]
- Senior Choir (grades 7-8) Thursday lunchtimes [Sept-May]
- Ace Recorder (grades 4-8) Friday lunchtimes [Oct-April]
Permission letters are available now for Junior and Senior choirs – rehearsals start the week of September 26.
This is a general schedule of practice times for these teams. Please check the bulletin board outside the gym and listen to the morning announcements for further details.
- Senior Boys Slo-pitch – Monday, Wednesday, Friday am
- Junior Ultimate Frisbee House League – Monday, Friday noon
- Senior Girls Slo-Pitch – Monday, Wednesday pm
- Junior Girls Slo-Pitch – Tuesday, Thursday noon
- Junior Boys Slo-Pitch – Tuesday, Thursday noon
- Senior Boys Football – Tuesday, Thursday pm
Curriculum Night — Wednesday, October 5, 2011
· 6:30 – 6:50 Introduction in gym
· 7:00- 7:20 Session One
· 7:25 – 7:45 Session Two
The purpose of this evening is to give you the opportunity to meet your child’s teacher and see your child’s work portfolio. Your child’s teacher will also prepare a short presentation outlining their program plans for the school year, their expectations with regard to homework, attitude and behaviour and their methods of assessment and evaluation.
This is not the time for a personal interview regarding your child’s progress.
Each teacher will do two presentations in order to accommodate parents who have more than one child in the school. In order for you to get the most out of Curriculum Night, we will continue with our traditional practice of not having any students or younger siblings present at school during the evening. We are looking forward to seeing you on Curriculum Night.
TTC Photo Day
Students aged 12 and over can order a TTC photo card on Thursday, October 6th – 9:00 – 9:45 am. Cost is $5.00 – please bring correct change.
Attention Dog Owners
Please be aware that the Swansea field belongs to the Toronto District School Board and is not an off-leash park area. This field is used by Swansea staff and students from 7:30 am through to 6:00 pm daily. Please do not let your dog run freely during this time – even if your dog is “friendly” some students are afraid of dogs.