Student Pick Up During School Hours
Many students have medical appointments, sports/music activities that require them to leave school early. Please make sure that students bring a note to school explaining the reason for their absence and the dismissal arrangements (permission to go home, parent will pick them up, etc.). For safety reasons students will only be released to parent picking them up in the office or with written permission. Students will not be allowed to leave with just a phone call, or released to the parking lot.
The office is an extremely busy place so we ask for your support in assisting the office staff:
- Provide written note for students being dismissed early
- Call the Safe Arrival Line, when your child is going to be away or late (416-393-9082)
- Ensuring your child has their gym/swim clothes, lunch and homework/assignments needed for that day
- Send a written note if there is a change in your child’s lunch routine
- End of day pick up arrangements have been made prior to your child coming to school
Terry Fox Run
On Thursday, September 27th, Swansea students will be participating in the school’s 12th Annual Terry Fox Run. The event will take place rain or shine in the lower field at 2:30 pm until 3pm, and students will be walking around the field 4 times (1 km). Parents are welcome to come watch and encourage their children during the run.
We are asking students to bring a Toonie for Terry to help find a cure for cancer. You can send your toonie ahead of time to be collected by your classroom teacher or you may have your child bring it on the day of the run. As well, there is an online pledge page for Swansea, which you can find by following the links on the National School Run day at the Terry Fox Foundation site. Please follow the links from here:
Simply choose Swansea’s name and follow the instructions to make your donation.
Thank you for your continued support to this worthwhile cause. We have fundraised more than $10,000 since starting the run in 2001, and our goal this year is to raise another $1,000.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mme Klein in Room B1 or Ms. Romano in Room 211 for further information, and thank you in advance for your generosity.
On Monday we received the good news that Swansea is gaining an additional teacher. Employee Services reviewed our student numbers as of Friday, September 14th and determined that we are eligible for an additional teacher in the Junior Extended French division. We thank you for your support in this request and ask for your patience while we create this new class.
Swansea’s Curriculum Night is scheduled for Thursday, September 27th, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm, in the Swansea Room. This year the format has changed and the Principal and Vice Principal will be hosting an information session on Swansea’s academic program for the 2012-2013 school year. Letters are being sent home today with your child.
Swansea’s EQAO results have now been released and are available online.
Individual student results are being sent home this week.
Grade 8-9 Information Evening
This year grade 8 – 9 transition information evening is being held at Runnymede Public School on Thursday, October 11th at 6:15 pm. Flyers are being sent home this week with the grade 8 students.
Extra Curricular Activities
The following extra curricular activities have been cancelled until further notice:
The primary students are practicing during their DPA period and will be going to the Cross Country meet, if it is not cancelled. Mr. Chauhan will be keeping students and parents informed as to the status of this meet.
All other extracurricular activities are currently on a “pause” for this term.
· September 19th – 6:45 pm – School Council
· September 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25 – Dental Screening
· September 19 – 21 – Grade 7 Retreat
· September 21st – nominations for School Council due (drop off at the office)
· September 27th – 7:00 – 8:00 pm – Curriculum Night
· September 28th – QSP Fundraising Campaign begins
· October 2nd – Immunizations (Grade 7 – HepB, Grade 8 girls – HPV)
· October 10th – Walk Your Child to School Day
· October 12th – Photo Re-take Day
· October 19th – TTC Photo Day (Grade 7 & 8)