Tips for Parent/Guardian-Teacher Conference
Before the Parent/Guardian- Teacher conference
· Make a list of what you want to ask the teacher
· The following are some questions for you to consider asking the teacher
o What does my child do well?
o What skills does she or he still need to develop?
o Is my child getting extra help? If yes, in what subjects?
o How does my child get along with the other students?
o How can I help my child at home?
o What is the best way to contact you if I have more questions?
During the Parent/Guardian-Teacher conference
The teacher will review your child’s progress.
· Request to see samples of your child’s work that reflect the progress that the teacher describes
· Share information that will help the teacher understand your child better
· Ask the questions you have prepared
· Take notes so that you can share the teacher’s comments with your child
After the Parent/Guardian-Teacher conference
· Share with your child the positive things the teacher said
· Talk with your child about how you and the teacher are going to help with the things that need to be improved
For additional information on Assessment, Evaluation & Reporting, please visit TDSB website www.tdsb.on.ca
Junior (Grade 4) Extended French Information Meeting
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
7:00 – 8:00 pm
Information will be provided on the Junior Extended French program – curriculum, application process, transportation and future pathways for your child. Applications can be made on line at http://www.tdsb.on.ca/pars. Application deadline is December 12, 2012. The Grade 7 Extended French Program Information Night will be held in January, 2013
Annual Winter Wear Clothing
This is the third year that Swansea Community Recreation Centre will participate in the Annual Winter Wear Clothing Drive held by the Community Police Liaison 11 Division Toronto Police Services. Requested items are new gloves, mittens, scarves and hats. All items collected will be donated.
Donations can be dropped off at the recreation centre’s main office.
For more information please call Jessica or Dona at 416-392-6796
· November 17th – Swansea Craft Fair
· November 20th – Grade 4 Extended French Information Mtg. – 7:00 pm
· November 21st – Swansea School Council meeting – 6:45 pm
· November 21st – Runnymede CI Open House
· November 27th – Pizza Day
· November 29th – Karen Kain School of the Arts Parent/Student Information Evening at Norseman JMS – 6:00 pm