Thank you to everyone for all you help in making our 120th Year of Learning a very successful year. As we read through the June edition of the Swansea Bulletin we are reminded of the many and varied activities that happened at Swansea this year. Our crowning achievement was our 120th celebration on May 27th and the renovation of our Bell Hall.
Next year we will continue our focus on academics, the arts and extra-curricular programs to offer our students a challenging yet balanced educational program.
We would especially like to thank the School Council for their generous donations to help us purchase many needed items that support our programs from Smart boards to musical instruments.
It has been a pleasure working with all of you and Cherril George and I look forward to even greater accomplishments in our 121st year of learning.
– Karen Ridley
- Barry Stein is retiring – we wish him well in his retirement.
- Elizabeth Dobrota is moving to Annette Street PS – good luck at your new school, Elizabeth
- Sharon Sandhu and Sonya Henderson are extending their parental leave – in August we will be hiring LTO staff to cover their classes
- Anne Marie Klein will be leaving us for one year as she is taking a 4 over 5 leave -please make sure you come back Anne Marie
- David Warr will be joining the staff full-time – he will no longer have to make the mad dash to his afternoon school
- Hannah Kye has joined our primary teaching staff
We would like to thank our LTO staff for all they have done this year to support our students and wish them luck in securing a position for next year: Michael Bene, Char Mark, Ngozi Onwublou, Alicia Orr-Lombardo, Adrianna Rependa, Adriana Stagni
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
The school office will be open until Thursday, July 7 and re-open Monday, August 29. Office hours are 8:30 am to 4:00 pm and closed for lunch between 12:00 and 1:00 pm.
- Tuesday, September 6 – First Day of School
- Schools starts at 8:45 am
- Thursday, September 8 – School wide lice check
- Wednesday, September 14 – Welcome Back Party
- Wednesday, September 21 – School Council Meeting
- Friday, September 30 – QSP campaign begins
- Thursday, October 6 – Curriculum Night
TDSB@CNE is just around the corner! Join us on August 30 for a day that will inspire, engage, and most importantly, be fun for our TDSB community!
We are partnering with the Canadian National Exhibition in an all-day event to showcase our TDSB talent with robotics and culinary demonstrations, entertainment, a student art show and film festival, an archival exhibit and more!
There will also be concert events with a remarkable line-up of entertainers, including TDSB community members. Our younger guests will enjoy Max and Ruby and Franklin and Caillou in the morning. Later in the afternoon, a concert for our older students will take place in the Bandshell, featuring headliners Down With Webster.
All elementary and secondary students will receive free entry to the CNE and a discount is available for our staff and students’ family members.
Staff and families can get discounted tickets online with promo code 2011TDSB435561
For more info, visit www.tdsb.on.ca/cne