SWANSEA PS ADDITION RECEIVES APPROVAL TO PROCEED
This morning we received great news from the Ministry of Education. The planned addition for Swansea PS is now moving ahead. Further details will follow shortly. Please see the press release for more information:
GRADE 7 EXTENDED FRENCH INFORMATION MEETING
A meeting for grade 6 students and parents who are interested in the Late Entry Extended French Program for next year will be held on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 7:00 pm in the Music Room (original date of January 15th has been changed). Application packages will be sent home soon.
High Park Alternative Open House JK- Grade 8
Wednesday, January 30th
7:00 – 8:30 P.M.
265 Annette Street
Tel # 416-393-9050
EARLY FRENCH IMMERSION
Applications for the Early French Immersion (SK) program is available online at www.tdsb.on.ca/pars. The deadline for application is Thursday, January 31, 2013. The closest available program for Swansea students is at George Syme PS.
The dates for 2013 – 2014 Kindergarten Registration are
- Tuesday, February 26 – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 27 – 9:00 am – 3;00 pm
- Thursday, February 28 – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- 2 Proof of Address – lease, phone bill, hydro bill, etc.
- Birth certificate
- Health card
- Immunization Records
- Custody papers (if applicable)
An information flyer will be posted on the Swansea website and an advertisement will be placed in the local papers in early February.
Dear Swansea students, parents, teachers and community,
Evora, Oscar and I want to express our heartfelt thanks for all the love and support you’ve shown us. The first few weeks after Tom’s – Mr. Samson’s – passing were a blur so, regrettably, I am not able to thank everyone by name. But we will always remember the flood of cards, donations, letters, prayers, meals, photos, gifts – even concert tickets, and the tremendous outpouring of love that you sent our way.
Tom’s life was a lesson in kindness, positivity and love, and I’m sure Tom would be honoured to see that lesson carried on in his name.
Kasia Breigmann-Samson, Evora & Oscar
TOM SAMSON MEMORIAL FUND
Thank you for all your generous donations for the Tom Samson Memorial Fund. The fund is still open and accepting donations. You can send in a cheque to the office made out to “SSC-Tom Samson Memorial Fund” or you can go to any Bank of Montreal and use the following numbers:
Account Number 8980907
- January 23rd – Grade 8 Graduation Committee meeting
- January 24th – 7:00 pm – Grade 7 Extended French Information Meeting
- January 25th – PA Day – school closed
- January 29th – Cardboard Boat Races
- January 31st – Grade 7 Extended French application deadline
- February 1st – Grade 9 Optional Attendance due
- February 6th – Connected Parenting Workshop