Every year, we encounter problems with Facebook. This is not to say Facebook is bad, just that it presents issues to be managed. Mr. Higgins continually reviews internet safety in his IT program. Here are a few considerations for both parents and students.
- Have you consented to your child having a Facebook account? (The minimum age is 13). If so, do you know the login and password?
- Is the computer being used in a common area of the house – i.e. not in a bedroom or unsupervised area?
- Do you realize that literally anyone could be reading what you are posting, and that your posts are being saved?
- Do you know that you can have action taken against you if you write or post something that is slanderous, hateful or malicious about someone else?
- Have you set your Privacy Settings to an appropriate level – i.e. you should not be allowing unlimited access to your account?
A final reminder about the grade 7 & 8 performance on Thursday, March 10th at 7:00 pm in the school gym.
Lost and Found
Our winter supply of coats, pants, boots, mitts, and scarves is piling up in our lost and found area. We are asking parents to come and claim their lost items before March 31st. At the beginning of April we will be sending all lost and found items to a clothing charity so that we can begin on our spring lost and found items.
Daylight Savings Time
Don’t forget to turn your clocks forward one hour on Saturday for Daylight Savings Time (a sure sign of spring) and while you are at change the batteries in your smoke detector.
Wishing everyone a safe and relaxing March Break – whether you are swooshing down the slopes, enjoying the sun or just relaxing at home. See you back on Monday, March 21st for our final 15 weeks of school.